modem doesn't respond

SAH 22:48 20 Mar 03

My friend can't access the internet, because her modem won't respond, it was working fine up until last weekend.
Everytime she tries to log on, she gets an error message telling her, that she needs to inform microsoft of the problem. The problem is she can't get online, so how can she let them know of the problem so they can fix it??

She bought the computer from Evesham, so I've suggested to her that she rings up their technical support line and hopefully they'll be able to sort it out over the phone. I hope so because at the moment she really regrets buying a PC and feels like throwing it out the window!

Can anyone help me please!

szk2003 23:00 20 Mar 03

god sounds to me your friends is a little crazy.lol. just a joke. but anyway phoneing evesham should sort out the problem or she could try and reinstall the driver for the modem and maybe that will sort it out.

SAH 23:03 20 Mar 03

Thanx szk2003, hadn't thought of that!

Megatyte 23:52 20 Mar 03

Go into control panel and double-click modems.Select the diagnostics tab, click on the port for the modem in question and then click more info. Does the modem respond?

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…