"Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" ??

Bobly 17:56 17 Oct 06

Okay here's the deal, my laptop has been acting up these days, and one day when rebooting went to Bios twice in a row without booting, so I set it to optimum settings and let it boot up, it was slow (approx. 60 seconds on Windows XP loading menu instead of 20) and then came up with a device missing "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus"... Hum... To me it sounds like a Modem plugged into an Audio Bus... Weird but okay... My question, is this really my modem which isn't being recognised? (In which case I'll just uninstall completely because I don't use it, which is what it was set to before the Bios resetting) or is it linked to Audio in which case I want to get this fixed...

Specs:
Alienware m5500, 2.0Ghz Pentium M, Intel Celeron, 1GB RAM.
Includes onboard Realteak High definition Audio (enabled and often in use) and a onboard Modem (make unknown without looking it up, previously uninstalled and never used).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…