//some 3rd party need geo

modem country setting reminder

argon 16:45 22 Jun 04

How do I prevent this showing on start up.
If I click on this I get "Please install diamond multi media system HCF modem before using this utility"
I do not have this modem now

PSF 16:54 22 Jun 04

If it is an old modem did you un-install the drivers for it.

If you are on BB disable the old modem in the device manager, or better still un-install it in the device manager and remove it from the pc.

PSF 21:36 22 Jun 04

By E-Mail..Unfortunately modem was installed 3rd party. No other modems appear in device manager unfortunately not on broadband. OS is Me Any idea how i can find old drivers and remove them Eric.

'It is best to post direct on the site in case someone else has the answer first.'

If it is a message from an old modem it has been left behind. Check to see if the driver is in the Add/remove in the control panel. If it is not there click Start>>run>>type msconfig in the run box>>press enter>>. A new window will open, in the start up tab un-check anything that relates to the modem.

Re-boot and that will stop the message appearing on start-up. If you get a pop-up saying you are using selective stat-up, tick the box in the bottom left hand corner and the message will not appear again.

argon 11:36 23 Jun 04

thanks PSF msconfig worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…