modem connection problem

mcon 22:07 18 Jan 05

After reinstalling Win 98se,I find that themodem gives a no dial tone message unless i remove and reinsert the cable every time i want to dial. The modem is winmodem x2 voice usr - Have tried looking for new drivers but noluck

Hairy Yeti 00:46 19 Jan 05

Try click here . You have to register but I have found every driver I have had difficulty with here. Huge DB.

Sonic21 00:52 19 Jan 05

Failing that a new modem can be bought for less than £10

Giggle n' Bits 01:02 19 Jan 05

and in the Telephony settings in control panel that Tone is ticked and also your Area code in the location to dial from.
Also check the regional settings is for your region and also the Time, Keyboard isn't US.
Modem should plug into the Line and not Phone socket as marked on Modem at rear. Unles you have just the one socket on the modem.

Also check that you have the TCP/IP & the Dial-up adapter in network icon in control panel.

Other thing to check is does your dial up number have 1470 or 1470,, or 1470, prefixing the dial up number ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…