Modem Configuration (56k dial-up)

daveingreenock 14:26 24 Feb 03

Hello anyone who cares to assist me.

I recently had various hard drive problems on windows 98 and when a friend was having a look at it he gave me a temporary hard drive to work on until I got the original repared/replaced. It was 2000 NT and did not have the driver which was on 98. He got a zipped driver file from a webpage and installed it.

When I got home I tried to dial-up to my NTL connection but it wouldnt even connect to the telephone line. All I get is 'unable to establish a connection'. The company who insure my computer will not advise me on it because I have upgraded to windows 2000 NT and anyone else is far from helpful (not you mark if you ever read this).

I have been told it is network configurations, which I would not know where to start to fix it myself. So that is why I seek help from someone who knows what they are talking about.

I have all the techincal specs on my modem, but ironically I left it at home (I am at my friends house at the moment) so if any one is willing to take this task on then please reply and I will get all the details you need, please feel free to ask what you need.

Cheers
Dave - 24/Feb/03

jazzypop 14:30 24 Feb 03

click here for all the details you should need to setup your NTL account on what is effectively a new PC.

daveingreenock 14:49 24 Feb 03

Thanks Jazzy pop I will look at that in good time. To be honest I really dont want to go back to NTL, it also happens when I try to use an AOL disc. Nothing happens, I know the basic settings for NTL so I know there is either one) a big problem with my modem configurations or 2) a wrong driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…