modem-computer conflict

placido 23:49 29 Sep 06

Hi there! I would like to tell a problem I have with my computer,(amd,60 g hard drive,512 dual memory,built by myself).Every time I turn the external D-link modem on, my computer starts all by itself!If I start the computer first and then the modem,it won't recognise the modem and I have to reboot in order to gain control of my internet connection.Also I experience a lots of stops in the computer:it turns itself off and reboot again in the infamous blue screen!a message tells me:pdf_list corrupted...could you try to help ,please? thanks. Placido

Forum Editor 00:23 30 Sep 06

ever since you built the computer?

placido 00:38 02 Oct 06

Hi editor!:Iam not sure if this problem started since I built it a year ago,but ...most probably did.Also my pc crashes quite often ,lately,and the infamous blue screen appears,it tells me :pdf_list_corrupted...any idea? could it be a faulty power supply,(I bought a new one for aus.$19 at the computer market,about 9 months ago),or a cheapy one?,(it handles 350 w.)thanks once again! ps:My computer started this morning when I switched the ext-modem!,but it has not crashed in the past two days! thanks guys. Placido

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now