leeknight67 10:42 27 Apr 03

hello, i had to format my computer and start fresh, howeever i cxant geeett my moddem working, itss an internalone for the packardbell pulsar 510, i have tried using pc doctor and smart restore but it cant find it. and when i do try to dial up itt come up w ith error 630
Please please help me

THanks lee

Forum Editor 10:52 27 Apr 03

tells you that the connection can't be made due to hardware failure.

This is often because you haven't selected the correct modem in your dial up network connection configuration, so that's the first thing to check.

The other possibility is that during the reformat the modem driver was removed, and hasn't been replaced - so check that as well. To be honest, this problem could have several causes, but as you've reformatted the machine it's obviously a software issue. There's nothing wrong with the modem.

leeknight67 10:56 27 Apr 03

its says its a standard 56 kbbss fax data modem. but when i select it it doesnt work. i am very very stuck. pleasee help me. and how to geet it back. thankss lee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…