Model 6 & Model 8 AMD Athlon XP CPU's ?

Giggle n' Bits 11:47 03 Feb 03

Tried to find the answer at AMD but with no luck.
I see there are AMD Athlons Models 6 & Models 8 for each of the Athlon XP CPU's.

Can anyone help on this one.

I have noticed that no one selling Athlons mention the CPU being Model 6 or 8.

BrianW 12:10 03 Feb 03

I think you will find that the numbers relate to the version of core design. From memory, one is the Palomino core and I think the other is the Thoroughbred or Morgan (although I think the Morgan was Model 7). You should be able to find this info somwewhere on the AMD site (thats where I saw it). I believe that the model 8 is only compatible with latest boards. I will have a look and see if I can find this info, but have another look yourself, I'm sure its there somewhere.

BrianW 12:14 03 Feb 03

Model 8 is thoroughbred and model 6 is palomino (courtesy of the QDI m'board site).

Djohn 12:23 03 Feb 03

Fantastic! 11:47, I didn't know the question even exsisted. 12:14 I and others know the answer. :o)

Giggle n' Bits 12:27 03 Feb 03

Looks like the retailers who sell the CPU's do not take any notice about this point I raise so they all must have the correct CPU's on sale.

Amazing ehhh! DJohn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…