mod script needed

vienna1981 20:30 07 Nov 03

hi does anyone know a mod for displaying a member's gender on a forum using invision board v1.2 RC1? I do not host/maintain the forum, I am searching on behalf of someone and so do not know much about this sort of thing myself. Thanks in advance.

vienna1981 23:02 12 Nov 03

anyone have any ideas where I could find one?

tbh72 23:15 12 Nov 03

The simpliest solution would be to insist your members preceeded their login names with either M or F for example M_Terry or F_Toni. This would provide a suitable solution to your problem with no changes or patches added to a forum.

Talented Monkey 00:39 13 Nov 03

Is this the free version? if you havnt paid for full rights then you are not allowed to modify it.
why is it so important to show gender?

It mabe alot harder than you think, if i remember rightly Invision has nothing at all about gender.. so you will have to set up the mysql data base to acomidate a gender field, then code in gneder option on registration tehn detect its been entered, and enter it into database, then alter all teh templates and other obscure bits to display this. erm is it worth it?

how about looking for an alternative board which will do this for you.

only easy way i can think of is if you just restrict use avatars to male and female faces or icons and let them select.

vienna1981 00:53 13 Nov 03

the board belongs to someone else I just moderate the board...I dont think its the free version, the guy who 'owns' the forums is looking for one as members have been asking for a symbol to be displayed under their name so newer members wont get confused about gender etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…