Mobo Upgrade Questions

Whiteboog 12:38 04 Jul 09

Hello

The Denver 10 Motherboard on my Packard Bell PC has recently packed in.

The specs for my machine can be found here.

click here

However i have upgraded the graphics card and power supply. I am now using a reasonably high end Geforce card.

I don't remember which exactly and I do not have the PC with me right now. At a guess I'd say XFS 8600GT, but i may be wrong. Im pretty sure its SLI anyway, and it's PCI Express.

The processor is a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600.

I'm looking for a good gaming board at no more than £100. Perferably something around £60. Ideally i want to be able to route my sound (headphones etc) and USB ports etc to the front of the PC. Im not sure if this is something which comes as standard or not really. I just know there are slots on my current board which i can plug the breakout box in the case into.

Any fancy extras such as onboard wifi or external sata slots would be nice, but not a priority.

If anyone could recommend a good case too that would be helpful.

Many Thanks

James

retep888 14:24 04 Jul 09

Mobo £70.32 click here
<<Ideally i want to be able to route my sound (headphones etc) and USB ports etc to the front of the PC.>>

**3 x USB connectors support additional 6 USB ports,1 x Front panel audio connector**

Case £19.99 click here
or click here

I think your gx card is XFX 8600GT but it won't be SLI anyway.

<<Any fancy extras such as onboard wifi or external sata slots would be nice, but not a priority.>>

There are some but won't be within your budget.

Whiteboog 12:21 10 Jul 09

Thank you for your reply. I've looked into it and i will be getting the board you recommended.

Whiteboog 11:53 15 Aug 09

Thanks again for the information, however I have left it a little too long, it's coming up to time to buy my new board but it seems the one recommended is now discontinued.

I will look for it elsewhere but I was also wondering if anyone has any more info since the last time i posted - any better boards anyone can recommend.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…