MOBO upgrade.

yogibear 07:40 11 Feb 03

I have an E Machines 320 running Win ME. It is a Celeron 900mhz and has a CN810 MOBO with 256mb of RAM. This is the maximum this board will take, and I want to upgrade it.
I am having lots of probs with the machine hanging/freezing and was wondering if it was a RAM problem? The problem occurs at any time, running any programme, and it is really annoying as I keep losing work.
Would an upgrade help and, if so, can anyone reccommend a board that will allow me the maximum RAM now with room to increrase at a later date.

wullie1 12:51 11 Feb 03

win me does have a memory leakage try upgrading to xp will fix leakage ,

yogibear 13:10 11 Feb 03

I did try, naughty I know, installing my sons copy (legal) of XP on my sys to see if I would be upgrading, and I had all sorts of probs with it. In fact it hasn't worked right since. I have since done a format, etc, and done a clean install.
Wasn't aware of the prob with ME, thanks for that. Is there any other way of stopping the leakage?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…