MOBO and memory info from Crucial

the old man 20:18 02 May 06

yes it is me again. Been busy this weekend.
I did a check for compatible memory against my MOBO, a Jetway KT400DB, and initially the website said it would support upto 3gig of memory. I did raise my eyebrows at that as I have 2 banks of 256 currently installed. I then did a system scan with the little widget that you download and the info on the website changed to say that the MOBO could support upto 768MB.
My question now is,
is the 3gig after a BIOS update? or is it looking that I have 2 sticks of 256. If I had say, 2 sticks of 512mb, would it probably say that the most I could install would be 1.5gig of memory.
I thought I could mix and match as long as the sticks were unbuffered and PC2100. It did initially say that I could install PC2700 or PC3200.
Yes I may be being naive in this matter but we all have to learn somewhere.

Just another question.
Is it better to do a description like above or cut the question down and add a couple of "click here"'s.

Joe R 20:27 02 May 06

the old man,

You can use PC2700 or PC3200 ram, with the 3200 flavour running at the slower speed.

I bought this type of memory a while ago for my daughters pc, (which also has only a 333 fsb), only because of the fact that it is slightly cheaper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…