mobo identification

filthyphil 08:11 27 Jun 06

i have been given a mobo and P4 cpu from my brothers PC after he upgraded. it was obviously a whole system and he has given me the win xp disk that was with it. how do i identify what the make of mobo it is? the PC was medion.

MichelleC 08:33 27 Jun 06

SIW should tell you all system info click here

filthyphil 08:37 27 Jun 06

my problem is it is not actually in a PC at the moment just a box cos my brother needed the tower unit and such likes as PSU RAM etc. so as it stands i got a box with mobo cpu and geforce graphics card..

The Kestrel 09:35 27 Jun 06

If you can find the model number of the Medion PC the mobo came from, you could use the crucial memory selector tool click here to find out the details of the mobo. Along with their memory recommendations, they give details of the mobo at the left hand side of the screen.

ed-0 09:40 27 Jun 06

The motherboard should have identification code marks on it. Have a look in between the PCI slots, they are sometimes there.

spuds 09:42 27 Jun 06

The problem with Medion computers and products, is the fact that most if not all are re-badged. This could lead to identification problems. Is there no indication on the mobo, as to the manufacturer, via reference numbers etc!.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:11 27 Jun 06

Medion use MSI motherboards but not standard ones.

Some boards just may have an FCC ID number on the board/slot, in the motherboard book, or elsewhere on the computer if the same manufacturer made more than just the motherboard. That number can usually be matched to the manufacture's name, etc. using the FCC data base at: click here. Use that info to find the manufacturer with an Internet search engine. This is also useful for finding the manufacturer of expansion boards, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…