MoBo + Graphics Help Please

ilepak 18:03 19 Oct 04

I'm looking to build a computer in the next few weeks and would like some advice re. components.

I'm thinking of an AMD 64 3000+ chip and a suggestion for a socket 754 mobo. I am ok about onboard sound and graphics. Will have 512 or 1024 mb RAM.

I am a general computer user - play the odd game, surf, run MS office (for my business), watch DVD + divx, listen to music - nothing to the extreme.

I am looking for suggestions for a motherboard (up to about £90) and a graphics card (£50 to £90) as long as there is appreciable difference over integrated graphics on any potential mobo.

Any suggestions gladly received

polish 18:22 19 Oct 04

cant be to precise on mobo but any good quality make should do msi asus etc but there is no substitute for good graphics card and sound card sound blaster live minimum nvdia or radeon graphics cards are both good but personal preference

DoctorButcher 19:53 19 Oct 04

I was in your position a few weeks ago...

I bought this click here

AND this
click here

AND this
click here

---
I'm very happy with my kit...highly recommended! :)

dfghjkl 19:56 19 Oct 04

i bought a msi a year ago,no problems and good software package,you could get better results with spending more of your money on a graphics card.you can get a 9800 pro for £130 or a 6800 from £150 but you want at least a fx5900\5950 for about £100

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…