mobo driver install after reformat

pookie 09:36 15 Aug 03

Windows xp home (upgrade from 98se), ecs k7 s5a mobo (sis), 768 pc2100 ddr ram, 9700 pro graphics, creative 4.1 soundcard and 2.4 athlon xp.

Doing format/install of xp tonight. i put in my mobo driver disk last night just to see what was on it as it's been some time since i used it. options were lan driver(don't need), on board sound driver (don't need as I have a creative card) and agp driver. Now i have a download of the latest sis 735 agp driver so after reinstall do i just install the lastest sis agp driver or do i need to install the old agp driver first and then put the new one on top. If i just have to install the new sis agp driver (and ignore the old one) then is it the case that i don't need to install any drivers directly from the mobo driver cd?

Many thanks

pookie 10:32 15 Aug 03

bump :-)

Megatyte 10:37 15 Aug 03

Just install your new AGP driver. You may need to install the LAN driver just to please windoze.

Megatyte 10:39 15 Aug 03

That's providing that the disk contains XP/2000 drivers for the LAN :-)

pookie 10:43 15 Aug 03

thanks for replies - no actual mobo disk only had driver support to 98 i think.

woodchip 11:00 15 Aug 03

You have to load the EIDE drivers from the CD For Hard Drive Controllers

Megatyte 11:03 15 Aug 03

aren't the eide drivers on the XP disk?

woodchip 11:08 15 Aug 03

They do put generic drivers on Win OS disc's but it is better with the correct drivers loaded

pookie 12:58 15 Aug 03

thanks for replies

any other comments/advise before i go home and reformat?

Megatyte 14:06 15 Aug 03

Make sure that you have all the relevant XP drivers for your hardware(don't forget the modem). If you have trouble finding XP drivers then use Win2000 drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…