MoBO & CPU dead

LucasJB 11:13 18 Sep 08

Had a previous problem with no BIOS loading, and HD was making odd noises. That was just because the way the HD was housed. Tested induvidual pieces in a friends computer - graphics card worked fine, hard drive worked fine, power supply worked fine. Tested my CPU (Intel E8400) in his computer - nothing happened. He then tested his CPU in my computer to see if it was just the CPU - nothing again. As I had bios once before i started getting nothing at all, I'm led to believe I maybe had a faulty motherboard (Asus P5N-T Deluxe nForce 780i SLI LGA775) which blew my CPU, and as a result I now have two things to send back and replace. I just want to make sure as there is postage fees and testing fees if it is not defective. My next test to make sure 100% is MOBO and CPU is put my friends MoBO and place all of my components in, see if that works (this would show if the cpu is defo dead?) and then try with his cpu (this would show the mobo is defo faulty?) Anyone had issues like this before?

LucasJB 11:18 18 Sep 08

Forgot to add - Originally had a problem with my WD 500GB Caviar SE16 SATA II hardrive not being detected in BIOs, when i get a replacement HD what setting is it to see my hard drive & detect it. Have heard people had to change settings to detect it.

crosstrainer 11:23 18 Sep 08

It sounds pretty much as though you have proved the mobo to be the culprit.

Faulty voltages / mobo components can take out CPU, Memory etc.

I'd send it back.

chub_tor 11:28 18 Sep 08

If you have a faulty motherboard and you use your friends CPU you will run the risk of also blowing your friends CPU.

LucasJB 11:54 18 Sep 08

We've tryed that, and it didn't blow it. Lucky really. Last test is just putting his CPU and MOBO in and adding my components, to make 100% sure there the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5