Mobile phone warning. Is this a hoax?

Tycho 18:30 15 Apr 05

My wife, being an NHS employee, is in recieipt of lots of irrelevant emails. she picked this one out for its possible relevance, printed it out and brought it home. I suspect that it is a hoax. What do you think?

"..If you receive a phone call and your mobile phoen displays (ACE) on the screen don't an#swer the call. END THE CALL IMMEDIATELY. If you answer the call, your phone will be infected by a virus. This virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both your phone and your SIM card, which will make your phine unable to connect with the telphone Network. You will have to buy a new phone. This information has been confirmed by Motorola and Nokia. There are over 3 milion mobile phones being infected by this virus all around the world. YOu can also find this information on the CNN web site.

PLESE FORWARD THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO HAVE MOBILE PHONES
Many thanks,"

I look forward to your comments.

T

VoG II 18:32 15 Apr 05
  Tycho 18:42 15 Apr 05

Thought so...

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…