Mobile phone tracking

Is it possible to find out if an employer is tracking your mobile without him knowing your looking? Can it be avoided?

sicknote 10:49 20 Jun 05

Yes they can track you !!but i don't think they allowed to do it without informing you .maybe someone knows more !!!

click here

octal 13:09 20 Jun 05

I think if you are being monitored the employer is required to inform the employee that they are being monitored and the reason why. This gives information, it is a PDF file on THE EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES

click here

sicknote 13:36 20 Jun 05

Is it your mobile phone or companies ????

De Marcus 14:01 20 Jun 05

For my postings

It is a company phone. It hasnt been announced that we are being tracked but we suspect it. I was kind of hoping that there is a web site where I could find out.

dukeboxhero 17:13 20 Jun 05

yes your employer can track your phone for as little as 49p a go at click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:54 20 Jun 05

It is perfectly legit as long as the person has given their permission and has successfully been argued that monitoring is for safety purposes and to make a business more efficient. It is also covered under the requirements for handsets that can dial 999 in that they have to be locatable so you cannot block the system. However you do not know if you have been tracked so 'permission' is a vapid thing. However if you are not doing anything dodgy you should have no need to worry.

There are a many companies in the UK, once registration has been cleared, nearly any mobile phone can be tracked to within >100 metres and/or 2 minutes or less assuming that it is turned on and in a clear(ish) reception area. If the phone is turned off you get the last location where the phone was working. This is one of the better ones click here useful for keeping an eye on errant teenagers If this worries you turn the phone off and welcome to 2005.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:56 20 Jun 05

Forgot to mention that usually a text will be sent to mobiles informing them that they are on a tracker.........most of the time;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…