Mobile phone link

Hi

Anyone got any opinions about linking mobiles to pc with a USB cable. I just got a Sony Ericsson K700i handset to replace the Nokia 7250i handset I had before. I previously tried to install the Nokia software and it messed up my pc. I just want to know if this is likely to happen again.

Salinger 21:13 21 Jan 05

I also bought the SE 700i and installed Bluetooth but it was a disaster - worked/didn't work - so I bought the USB cable and it works fine! The Sony Ericsson Cable is overpriced at about £35 so I purchased one from click here
It was about half the price!

Technotiger 21:19 21 Jan 05

Hi, I use my Nokia with Infra-red to connect to PC - very easy setup and no problems at all.

Cheers.

Salinger 21:22 21 Jan 05

As far as I am aware the Sony Ericsson does not have Infrared.

Jackcoms 21:22 21 Jan 05

I'm probably missing something but, having connected your mobile to the PC, what on earth do you do with it?

Technotiger 21:25 21 Jan 05

Hi, I was able to load all my personal phone numbers listed on my pc, direct to my phone. Can also download and transfer to phone, ring tones/games/etc.

Cheers.

Jackcoms

Transfer music or pictures. You can change your mind then and it doesn't cost extra every time you get fed up with the tune/pic you have been using.

Technotiger 21:28 21 Jan 05

Hi, right, I was just making a point; maybe you would have been better off sticking to Nokia.

Not criticising though :-))

Cheers.

Jackcoms 21:31 21 Jan 05

Technotiger & Neild79

Ah, ah, got it!

Cheers. :-))

Salinger 21:31 21 Jan 05

No offence taken, but I have never owned a Nokia and have no intention of getting one!

Technotiger 21:56 21 Jan 05

Sorry Pal, I meant to address Neild79, not you!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…