//some 3rd party need geo

Mobile phone data link to pc

marcus22798 16:15 14 Jan 04

Can't figure this one out...so i'm posting my problem in the hope of getting some advice. cheers marcus I have a siemens sl45 mobile phone, which has the ability to establish a "fixed" connection between my phone and pc. I was able previously to establish this link by connecting the phone to the modem socket (com3) on the back of my pc where I would usually plug in my external modem. However, I have recently purchased a new pc which has an internal modem and therefore no longer has the com3 serial interface connection socket. I have tried setting up the connection on my new pc, but keep being told that a connection cannot be made as the sockets I am putting the data exchange cable into are not the right ones...So therefore as I don't have the com3 socket I don't seem to be able to set up the connection.
D
oes anyone out there have the same phone and might be able to point me in the right direction as how to overcome this problem...

cheers marcus

brambles 16:40 14 Jan 04

I have just had a new phone. It came with the necessary CD to install the synchronisation between phone/pc. Then you attach the relevent cable to the phone and a USB port and they connect.

Suggest you go on to Siemans web site and try to download the necessary programme - then you will need to buy a USB cable. Hope this helps

Brambles

Jester2K 16:48 14 Jan 04

Does it have an IR port?? Get a cheap IRda transmitter / reciver, plug into a USB port and get the software from Siemens.

I got this for my Nokia. Software is not as good as Nokias but the IRda is faultless...

click here

The MA620 USB Infrared Adaptor is a software and hardware 2-in-1 package that enables desktop users to communicate wireless data transmissions to and from infrared-equipped mobile phones, PDA, Palm Pilots, notebook PCs, and Windows CE machines.

SIEMENS S35i/3568i, S45/ME45/3618/6618 , SL45/SL42/6688

or Maplins do a IRda £20 click here

grabster 20:28 14 Jan 04

yup,cant go wrong with the Maplins 20 quid jobby,useing MobiMB Mobile Media Browser with my nokia 6100,nokia 5200 and sagem mx6 ,think thats right,its the daughters phone and she uses the irda whenever she comes a callin.Sagem has its own software though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…