Mobile Phone Call Blocking

The Nuclear Boy Scout 18:59 18 Feb 04

Hey Everyone,

I know this is not really PC related, but its the only board I can post on and get a straight answer!

My girlfriend is getting stupid (but serious enough to make me a little worried) death threats from some punk kid at the restaurant where she works.

She's on Orange Pay As Go - is is possible to contact Orange and block specific telephone numbers?

Robotic_Rob 20:10 18 Feb 04

yes! dunno which department u should ring up though

slimbo51 20:59 18 Feb 04

Police sounds a better bet to me.

Pauper 22:30 18 Feb 04

Making anonymous or abusive phone calls is a criminal offence under section 43 of the Telecommunications Act 1984.

The actual wording is that a person who:

a) sends, by means of a public telecommunication system, a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character: or

b) sends by those means, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, a message that he knows to be false or persistently makes use for that purpose of a public telecommunication system, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

The above is a copy/paste so I can't vouch for its word for word accuracy, but you get the picture ! Contact the Police they will take the appropriate action.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:41 18 Feb 04

Simple...report it to the police...end of story.

G

smegs 00:15 19 Feb 04

One action to take, go down with some mates and make a point. Make a note of all phone calls from this IDIOT, "Do U know his/Her Mobile Number?" Phone Orange up and let them know what is happening, I think they can logo all phone calls made to the said mobile. Also the police. Good luck. Do U live near DERBY, I'll come with U.

smegs 00:16 19 Feb 04

That should be LOG. Sorry.

smegs 00:29 19 Feb 04

150 or 07973100150, thats general enquiries.

bellpenn2 02:42 18 Feb 11

What mobile does your girlfriend use? If it is window mobile,i think she can download a software to block the unwanted calls. Free download website:click here

bellpenn2 02:44 18 Feb 11

What mobile does your girlfriend use? If it is window mobile,i think she can download a software to block the unwanted calls. Free download website:click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:29 18 Feb 11

Spam Alert...the thread is 7 years old.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…