Mobile PC Card 3G

fenderman 17:26 17 Apr 07

I have the above card but with no software. Could anyone tell me if this has any value? I bought it an auction on its own and wondered if I could sell it on.

Taff™ 22:44 17 Apr 07

What make is it? Vodaphone were giving them away last year with certain new laptop purchases. They came with SIM cards but they had to be registered on a PAYG tarrif within a certain time period to activate the SIM.

If you have the original packaging and registration details it may still be possible. Think of it like a mobile phone (which effectively it is) - it is locked to the original manufacturer and fairly useless unless you register it with it`s own network.

One word of warning. On a PAYG tariff these are very expensive to use except in an emergency although they can be used at Wi-Fi hotspots once activated.

Taff™ 22:50 17 Apr 07

The software is normally available from the manufacturers website.

fenderman 17:19 18 Apr 07

It is an Orange card, Option GlobeTrotter Fusion if that helps. It just came in a plastic case, there is a sim card inside.

Would it be of value to anyone?

Thanks for your help.

moorie- 09:05 19 Apr 07

try it on ebay
click here
this one went for£16

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…