Mobile Outlook Contacts

bingbong 19:31 03 Nov 05

I'm looking to share Outlook contacts and associated notes between two computers connected by a simple peer to peer network.

I can do this "manually" by exporting the file from one and importing on the other. However this means that it is not done in real time and possibly notes added on one machine will be overwritten by the reimportation of additional & completed notes from the other.

Ideally I would like to have one contacts file which resides on one machine and is accessed for updating by either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

bingbong 19:45 03 Nov 05

Sorry, should have mentioned

I am using Outlook 2000 from Office 2000 on both machines if this is relevant.

Granger 11:13 04 Nov 05

I'm no expert but I think the proper way is to set up an "exchange server". Look in Outlook help for very basic explanation.

bingbong 20:13 04 Nov 05

Tried this but unfortunately the help file mentions things that are not available on my outlook version.

VoG II 21:35 04 Nov 05

There are a couple of links to (not free) methods click here - you could also try a search of that site.

Unfortunately it seems to be very slow at the moment.

bingbong 22:01 04 Nov 05

Been to the website and found it very interesting. The workgroupshare product looks ideal but a little bit over the top in functionality and price for my tiny application.

It may be that I look to installing a basic "goldmine" program. That is unl;ess there is a shareware product that will do the same job somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5