Mobile or cordless phones interfering with speakers

andy63walsh 01 May 12

Iphones and normal landlines cordless phones make the buzzing noise in speakers. I have tried the Ferrite beads near the speaker, no luck, near the pc end, no luck, nothing works! Help!!

buteman 01 May 12

Shift the cordless phone and it is one less to worry about.

Going back a few years low batteries on cordless phones used to cause the odd problems.

amonra 01 May 12

Try a new lead from the computer to the input to the speaker amplifier. Buzzing and other noises are being picked up by the input lead which needs to be screened and preferably earthed.

wiz-king 01 May 12

You need the ferrite rings at the computer/amplifier end not the speaker end, it is RF getting into the computer that is causing the trouble and it could get in via any lead but speaker leads are the most likely culprits.

andy63walsh 01 May 12

I tried ferrite rings on both ends, no difference.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message