//some 3rd party need geo

Mobile Office!

Hels 21:12 27 Aug 03

I've just bought a notebook as I travel alot and need to be able to check my emails and to go on to the internet. I'm going to buy a Bluetooth PC card to use with the notebook as I have a Nokia 6310 mobile that also has Bluetooth. My only problem is that as I use NTL Broadband, I don't actually have a 'dial up' number to get me connected. I have signed up with a service called iberpass click here that gives me dial up numbers around Europe......but have I got everything I need to enable me to download my emails and to log on to the Net??

fitshase 21:27 27 Aug 03

I think the best people to speak to are the mobile phone company with whom you have a contract with (be it Orange, Vodafone, O2, Virgin, T-Mobile, etc.) as they will be able to tell you what you need, what it will cost and probably give you some access numbers.

It may also be worthwhile to get in touch with NTL and see about picking up e-mails whilst away. They may also give you a dial-up number for use abroad.

As for the technology, you seem to have everything in order. One thing to make sure about is that the bluetooth on the Nokia will communicate with the laptop and the laptop can communicate with the modem (built into the Nokia) via the bluetooth.

Regards

Fitshase

Hels 21:46 27 Aug 03

many thanks Fitshase, will check the Nokia info out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…