Mobile networks

Diodorus Siculus 10:15 17 Jan 05

First, an apology for being off topic.

I have been asked if it is possible to determine a person's mobile network by virtue of their mobile number. Seems that some networks offer free calls to their own networks at certain times and my friend would like to be able to find out what numbers are on the same network so that calls to those numbers can be made when they are free.

(I don't have any idea at all about mobiles as I don't own one but people still give me such questions. Similarly, I don't know anything about TVs, DVDs, Sky remotes, freeview, scart leads, video recorders and so forth but still get asked!)

Thanks for that, Dio.

Carpigiani 10:36 17 Jan 05

The quick answer is no.
As we call all change our network & take our number with us these days.

Diodorus Siculus 10:38 17 Jan 05

Thanks for that Carpigiani. That's that answered now.

Carpigiani 10:41 17 Jan 05

Should be 'As we can all change ou network & take our number with us'
Pleased you wre able to make sense of my reply, even with the typo.

Carpigiani 10:43 17 Jan 05

I give up. More Typo's!!!

Diodorus Siculus 10:48 17 Jan 05

I have a gift of being able to read what I think people meant to write! Comes from my studies of obscure languages I expect... :-)

Graham ® 10:59 17 Jan 05
  Diodorus Siculus 11:02 17 Jan 05

Thanks, Graham ®, that is very helpful.

Carpigiani 11:10 17 Jan 05

Graham ® very good list. But what happens when you change your network & take your existing mobile number with you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…