Mobile Internet

iced_ms 22:34 19 Oct 06

Could someone point me in the right direction....please :)
I need to take half a dozen laptops out into venues that won't have broadband and get access to the internet. The venues aren't in urban centres but not quite in the hills.
I've been looking at data cards and 3g internet over mobile phones, (but I'm very lost). I also need something that is cost effective for six or so laptops.
Could you have the internet over one or two of the phones and then set up a wireless network for the laptops? I expect to be doing this for six or seven months for a couple of hours each week.
I know a bit but I'm not an anorak (would love to be though) so need something that's relatively easy to set up.
Could anyone give me some advice of what I should be looking for or the direction I should be heading in other than up the wall?
TIA :)

iced_ms 00:14 20 Oct 06

Well after half a day of googling...following links and going down blind alleys i think i've got it....oh please i hope so my head hurts.
Its a Linksys WRT54G3G-UK Wireless-G Router for 3G. It works with vodafones 3G data card and i've checked on Vodafones coverage map that there's 3G in the areas we will be working. i think the cost will be fine too cause we will only be sending emails and surfing the internet. So fingers crossed this is it...if anyone knows different...give us a shout before i spend the cash will you :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…