Mobile help

Iceman244 20:05 13 Jan 07

I would like some advice on what can be downloaded from mobile phones.

I went through a nasty split with my ex girlfriend and during this time she sent malicious and nasty text messages to people from my pay as you go mobile phone.

I found out about this and changed my sim card so I had a new number.

She has persuaded some of the people that it was in fact me who sent these malicious messages and who was calling them late at night, and they have reported me to the police.

Today the police came and arrested me and have seized my mobile phone, saying they was going to send it off to have information downloaded from it.

I denied all knowledge as I have a new sim card in the phone and cancelled my old number with the network.

The network said that it would take 90 days for my old number to be obsolete when I changed sim cards.

So my questions are these.

1. Can they find out my old number now I have a new sim card?
2. What information can they download from my phone now I have a new sim card and a new number, will there be anything from the old number.

I have really been stitched up by my ex and need some help and advice.

Thank you.

Ice.

surfmonkey #:@}© 20:14 13 Jan 07

1 yes they will just contact you service provider and request you account details which you old number ir registered to
2 depending if the tel numbers were stored to sim or phone if stored to phone they will still be on phone if you get my drift.

I have really been stitched up by my ex
YES

Iceman244 21:01 13 Jan 07

Thank you for an honest reply , more than I have got from other forums.

Basically it is a pay as you go mobile with a new sim card.

The old sim card is gone.

So with a new sim card what will they find on the phone ?

Will my old number be gone ?

Will calls and texts from the old number and old sim card still be on the phone ?

Thanks Ice

surfmonkey #:@}© 21:10 13 Jan 07

So with a new sim card what will they find on the phone ? only numbers stored to the phone, any calles made date/time. calls recieved dates/time. messages sent date/time what was actually texted i.e the context of the text if not deleted.

Will my old number be gone ? it will not be on the phone unless you have inputed it in as a sved number.but your service provider i.e ORANGE, O2,will have all your detales of who has number which they can request mind u the service provider will have a record of all calls made where and when.

Will calls and texts from the old number and old sim card still be on the phone ?
no because the calls made and texts sent are stored to your old sim

lisa02 21:11 13 Jan 07

I don't know whether or not they can be retrieved of a phone like when stuff gets deleted off a computer.

They will contact the network, the network stores a lot of previous call and message history on all accounts for a period of time - even the old number you had. It is this data that the police will try to obtain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…