mobile broadband

ronec 10:48 24 Aug 07

I need mobile broadband for my laptop. As I am new to this I cannot find any info' from 3G suppliers. Do I just purchase one of their modems and use my existing IP or does the modem supplier (Vodo' 02, 3 ) supply an e-mail address. Who do I subscribe to, is it my IP, modem supplier or both.
Any help?

ronec 11:18 24 Aug 07

Thanks Beta.
From that I presume I am just paying for air time as per my mobile phone to access my iP service.

Thalmus 11:57 24 Aug 07

Basically you get a sim card and PC Card that slots in the side of your laptop. Then when you want to use the Internet when you out you just plug it in and let it connect. What it does is just connects to the Internet using the mobile phone network.

There are various price plans depending on how much you are going to use it. We use one were you pay a monthly fee and can use it as much as you like.

Becarfull with price plans that charge per k/b. It may sound very cheap but websites these days can contain megabytes of information so it could cost you up to £1 per page. (This is where firefox's ad blocker comes in very useful)

ronec 12:13 24 Aug 07

thanks Thalmus.I have looked at 3 for £15.00 per month for 2gb a month. I think that could be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…