MMSYSTEM281

hatrickj 22:49 15 Aug 03

I've recently downloaded a BBC radio program.
On opeining a box appears telling me "MMSYSTEM281
The file could not be played. Check the file name or install driver" Windows media player 9 is installed. What is MMSYSTEM 281 and how to obtain please. Any info will help. Thanks

krypt1c 23:00 15 Aug 03

Have a look here click here

whybe 00:31 16 Aug 03

I read on the BBC site just recently that at the moment you can only 'stream' radio programmes and not download for copyright reasons. Could this be it?

-pops- 06:59 16 Aug 03

I regularly record BBC radio programs via my computer. I have an email from the BBC telling me it is acceptable to do so, subject to certain conditions.

It is just as acceptable as far as the BBC is concerned for you to record on computer as it is to record from a normal radio set.

hatrickj 11:23 17 Aug 03

To kryptic:-

Thanks for link supplied. However it refers to Windows 95 and I havw 98 and things don't seem the same on that. Can you give any further help, please?

Irishman 11:44 17 Aug 03

Try playing it in Realplayer and if that works then uninstall WMP then reinstall.

krypt1c 11:50 17 Aug 03

hatrickj - found this at MS click here
Although it doesn't include Media Player it still might be worth trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…