MMC Card (I think) from mobile phone problems

woodbexhill 17:47 18 Nov 04

Hi,

I got my Nokia 6230 delivered ths morning. The phone comes with a card for storing data, which I believe is an MMC card.

This card will slot into a card reader which is built into the front of the casing of my computer, when I put the card in, the light next to it illuminates. However, when I got o the control panel to open the card up it says 'Please insert a disc into drive e:'.

So the computer isn't reading the card? Also, If I right click on the drive, the computer starts thinking and the egg timer appears and it almosts locks up and it becomes un responsive, however, once I remove the card this suddenly stops. So this makes me think at least something is being read or the computer at least knows the card is in the slot.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

rj :) 21:19 01 Dec 04

The card is probably an MMC as i got one with my 6600. I got the same problem using the card in my external USB2 card reader, however the phone (and a work collegue's card reader) were having no problem reading it. When i spoke to a salesman at The Link he said this was a known issue and due to "copyright protection" the card may not work in all card readers (i have yet to rule out that it could be the MMC slot in the reader that's broken).

Unless you're planning on using it for MP3 and/or video clips, stick with bluetooth and the Nokia suite for file transfers. The only problem with this is that you won't see any hidden folders on the MMC. Check out the forums on the following web sites for info
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…