MMC cannot open the file?

zeppman 06:11 11 Jun 09

MMC cannot open the file C:/Program Files/Diskeeper\This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created with a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.
I have tried looking for a solution to this.It has happened after a repair to windows.Diskeeper wont work .

ambra4 12:54 11 Jun 09

Uninstall Diskeeper using Revo Uninstaller once completed reboot the computer and reinstall

diskeeper

Run diskeeper the MMC console request will pop up “Select the last request”

Diskeeper will now work perfectly every time

Do not use Microsoft Add/Remove program to uninstall diskeeper as it leave files in the registry

and on the hard drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

zeppman 17:09 11 Jun 09

this happened after a windows repair.I have uninstalled Diskeeper with your uninstaller and searched with reg seeker and deleted all traces left in the registry but after doing this 3 times I still get the MMC message.

zeppman 18:31 11 Jun 09

MMC cannot open the file C:\Program Files\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.msc.

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console or created by a later version of MMC.This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

This is the exact message I'm getting

zeppman 18:32 11 Jun 09

MMC cannot open the file C:\Program Files\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.msc.

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console or created by a later version of MMC.This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

This is the exact message I'm getting

bikerider1 01:29 24 Jun 09

The problem is most likely related to not running the latest version of the MMC. (I have seen this on a number of computers running version 2.0 of the MMC.) The MMC can be updated by running all of the Windows updates on your computer. The updated MMC can also been downloaded from Microsoft at the following url depending upon your operating system:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5