Mixture cd

steve-252371 12:05 13 Sep 08

Im trying to burn a mixture mp3 cd for my car,i have made up various playlists but when i burn the cd the finished disc does not contain the tracks in the origonal playlists but puts them all back into folders with the original album names even though there's maybe only 2 or 3 tracks from each album.
How can i stop this happening?

canarieslover 15:50 13 Sep 08

A playlist is just a reference for the player to tell it where to find the track. Copying the tracks to a cd using the playlist will leave all the files in their original folders as you have discovered. Better to copy the files to another folder on your hard drive, number the tracks in the order that you want them played, and then sort them by the numbering before burning the contents of the folder to a cd. This will then show and play the tracks in the order that you require as you have created a compilation disc instead. You can always delete the temporary folder from your hard drive after you have burnt the cd.

AL47 20:30 13 Sep 08

i have the same damn problem! why wont it jusst put them on in the order you add them, some addon must be able to do it?!

canarieslover 20:44 13 Sep 08

The problem seems to be that the files get sorted before writing. Personally I use 1st MP3 Tag Editor to rewrite all the tags and include a track number as the first part of the title. This ensures that they get written in the order that you want them. I've not yet found any short cut to work around this. This is the reason I copy to a Temp folder before working on the files as I don't want to disturb the original album listing.

If anyone does know an easier way please let us know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5