Mixed Windows 7 and XP Networks

Peter Lanky 10:41 24 Oct 09

I have a network of 3 PCs, one running W7 and the other 2 XP. When my W7 PC was running Vista, I had a network called 'Hubert'. When setting up W7, I was given a network name called 'Network' (how original) by default.

However, considering I was in a different network from the other 2 PCs, I could still see them and they could still see me, but I wanted to get things synchronised, so I changed my network to 'Hubert'. Unfortunately I then lost internet access, so I changed it back to 'network'. Just as an experiment I changed one of the other PCs to 'network', but all 3 PCs can still see each other.

When I looked at 'add a network place' on one of the XP PCs (I've not worked out how to do this yet in W7 - help please) I could see both 'Hubert' and 'network' networks, and the XP PCs were members of both!

Question. I want to have a single network called 'Hubert' on all 3 PCs. Is this reasonable, or do I forget the whole thing because it is actually working?

Tech Guy 20:47 29 Oct 09

To save me typing check out: click here

martinhoods 22:42 31 Oct 09

Sorry,
I don't have enough knowledge about this matter.
i just suggest you should take help of any experience person or you also take help of search engine to find it.
Best of Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…