Mixed stories - Am I infected, is this safe? ---

Gaz 25 12:53 02 Jun 03

The website www. anonymiser .com seams to have a proxy you can go through to give private surfing, after Agnitum reccomend and partner the company, I decided to take a look at their site, I tried the snoop test, which shocked me.

From a previous post, I tried the hacks on their site, and it put a trojan script in my computers temp files. Removed, get_hack.html and stuff.js to supossably remove the hack files.

However, look at this click here

I could still be infected, yet the software is classed as legimate on some reviews, but this makes me think. Could some hacker had got my passwords, documents?

It uses invisible windows in IE.

Can anyone assure me, because this is quite worrying if they can collect data like credit cards.

Please help.

Regards,
Gareth.

PS. I realise this sounds overreactive, but I wish for some help as it is quite a concern to my security. As say look at the news article click here

Thanks.

Gaz 25 13:03 02 Jun 03
  Gaz 25 13:09 02 Jun 03

I would like some comments on this stupid website, does it do what the news article suggests if so how can I remove the trojan, AVG detects nothing, but as it says... It is a stealth trojan, it overrides security.

I will check my posts later,
Regards,
Gareth

keith-236785 14:51 02 Jun 03

go to click here and download thier trial trojan checker (free for 30 days) install and check your system, you may be surprised. i was......

ATShield will not delete the trojans, just let you know if you have one or more.

If you need to delete any trojans then goto symantecs website and type in the trojan name, the results should tell you how to remove the trojan

you could also type into google.com "free port scan" i can`t remember the one i used but try several, one of them will show any open ports on your system that may allow an attack to take place.

Gaz 25 16:09 02 Jun 03

All ports are stealth on all scans, but with firewall off all are closed, one with does stay open is the normal windows RPC.

Is the site legimate?

Thanks, and the cleaner fround nothing other than some script thing.

Gaz 25 16:25 02 Jun 03

You see the website tricks the firewall into thinking it is a microsoft download and carried this out in a an invisible window.

Help?

Thanks.

jazzypop 16:54 02 Jun 03
  Gaz 25 16:56 02 Jun 03

Thanks Jazzy Pop, I will read it through.

Gaz 25 17:01 02 Jun 03

It is all a joke, what about the news stories then?

Thanks anyway,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…