Mixed languages on printer / software

Jim W. 11:40 07 Nov 09

We use both English and Danish on the computer, but annoyingly, get both languages on the printer (no problem) and Calendar software (big problem: this gives English as the month, but Danish for the weekdays!)
Under System information, the locale is given strangely as Denmark. I cannot find a way of changing this.
Can anyone solve this strange problem?
Many thanks for any advice.
JimW.

howard64 12:12 07 Nov 09

could you please say what you are trying to change the location on? the pc or the printer? if the printer make and model.

Woolwell 15:11 07 Nov 09

It would also help if you stated which Calendar software and OS.

Jim W. 15:02 08 Nov 09

The location is System Information on the PC.
The calendar software is Create Your Own Calendars. The OS is XP.
I use the same software on another computer, and there is no problem with that.
The computer is a Fujitsu Siemens. I wonder if it was originally meant for the Danish market.

Technotiger 15:06 08 Nov 09

Have you looked in Control Panel>Regional and Language to check the settings.

Jim W. 15:46 08 Nov 09

Yes,thanks, I have checked in Regional and Language, and deleted the Danish which we use on the computer with English, but it made no difference.

Woolwell 16:18 08 Nov 09

The System Locale appear to be changed on the advanced tab of Control panel - Region and languages Have a look at click here

howard64 17:10 08 Nov 09

try setting up another user for the pc and make it private with a password to log in. Then reinstall the calendar software checking as it installs that you only select UK English. This might just sort it for you.

Jim W. 10:59 09 Nov 09

Many thanks Woolwell and Howard64. The problem now has been solved.
Regards,
JimW.

Jim W. 11:01 09 Nov 09

Many thanks Technotiger. The problem is now solved.

howard64 12:36 09 Nov 09

it would be of interest to know what solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…