Mitsui Gold Archival CDs

edenworkshops 08:45 AM 10 Mar 12

Hello

About 8 years ago, worried by the quality of standard cd's, I purchased a box of Mitsui Gold Archival CDs.

I had wanted to transfer all my pictures to SkyDrive, but when I came to read the gold cd's two of them wouldn't play ball.

I just put the cd in the drive and nothing happens at all, the other 6 are ok. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can read the two errant cd's?

The two cd's by the way seem to be in perfect condition, no scratches etc.

Thank you.

Richard

edenworkshops 10:04 AM 10 Mar 12

Just solved it.

I tried it in another drive and it worked fine.

Csse closed

Richard

Ian in Northampton 13:31 PM 10 Mar 12

That's a good reminder of a couple of things. First: it's common that a CD/DVD that won't read in one drive will read in another. Margins/tolerances are incredibly fine. The second is, of course, always to ensure you have backups of backups - especially when it comes to CDs/DVDs. There have always been horror stories about how long they remain viable/readable, and it's wise to ensure that you a) don't have just one copy, and b) refresh/replace them periodically.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…