Mistakenly deleted PowerDVD

rayring 11:34 15 Aug 05

I mistakenly deleted PowerDVD from my emachine desktop pc. I now cannot play DVDs, getting an error message saying compatible DVD decoder not installed when trying to play a DVD on windows media player.
I have tried using the restore disc but when opening up the drivers file cannot find anything that says powerdvd player.
Grateful for any advice.
Regards rayring

johnnyrocker 11:44 15 Aug 05

could you not try the microsoft shop for a freebie?

johnny.

Graham ® 11:45 15 Aug 05

System Restore?

Graham ® 11:47 15 Aug 05

Here's a free one if that doesn't work click here

Graham ® 11:58 15 Aug 05
  rayring 12:43 15 Aug 05

Thanks for your advice Graham, I did try downloading Cliprex DVD player but it came with a lot of what seemed to be spyware and I could not get any sound with the picture.
Unfortunately I deleted powerdvd in July and the earliest system restore I can go to is in August.
Will try the other website you suggested.

Stuartli 12:55 15 Aug 05

Just a possibility - have you checked the Recycle Bin as you say you have deleted the program?

You may also have only deleted the shortcut rather than PowerDVD itself - check if there is a Cyberlink folder in Program Files.

Joe R 12:58 15 Aug 05

click here

this will let you play dvd's.

daba 23:16 15 Aug 05

errr, why not just re-install PowerDVD ?

Stuartli 00:05 16 Aug 05

By the way, you won't find PowerDVD in the drivers' file - it's an application.

Border View 00:58 16 Aug 05

If you dont have the disc to re-install the PowerDVD software try doing a Google. There are lots of places where you should be able to get a replacement. You didnt say which version you had or your OS. A few older versions are available at knock down prices.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…