Missreported diskspace?

raffy 13:48 04 Oct 03

Hi Folks, I have a Pc who makes me really confused. I just changed a new Motherboard DFI AK74-SC/SU and using a Duron800 with 256SDram My Os is WinME. Now if I want to start up the pc it freezes or it seems not to load. I have to use the startup disk to get the scandisk working. It always reports some missreportd data-clusters. If I fix them the pc runs normal until you shut it down and if I start up the whole mess starts again! Well, is there anyone out there who could gife me some advice? Thanks a lot!

Rafffy .

Jester2K II 13:55 04 Oct 03

This is a very bad way to upgrade a motherboard. Have you installed the new motherboard drivers??

Really you should install Windows from scratch when upgrading the motherboard. The disk controllers might not be the same as your old board. Hence the problems.

raffy 15:44 04 Oct 03

Hmmmmmm ,a good question .Well I formated my harddisk after installing the Mainboard and it run normal. Maybe I check the mainboards drivers again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…