Misslng dll

redeyenewby 17:55 17 Mar 14

When I start up my PC I get the message "There was a problem starting C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dl

The specific module could not be found OK" How can I reinstall and where from. I do not have a repair CD. This was a 2nd hand Dell Inspiron ZINO HD with Win 7 home. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:38 17 Mar 14

Probably removed by your antivirus / antimalwre but the startup entry is still there. Use of a registry cleaner such as the one in CCleaner may remove the message and startup entry.

lotvic 18:43 17 Mar 14

It is a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) as discussed on answers.microsoft.com ClickHere

See this free removal guide from Malwaretips (a site who's guides I trust): click here

Also if you want to burn your own W7 DVD to use for repairs etc. you can download the .iso (disk image) from click here be aware that if you want to reinstall you have to use the Dell oem key on the COA sticker on the pc's case. You cannot use the DELL oem factory pre-activated key (it won't be accepted).

lotvic 18:45 17 Mar 14

sorry for typo (a site who's guides I trust) - should be whose

redeyenewby 10:36 19 Mar 14

Thanks guys, I viewed all possibilities and ended up using Malwaretips. I took the precaution of copying the web page (not necessary). I only carried out step 1 and the PUP has gone. I don't know if I need to use steps 2,3 & 4. Perhaps you can advise, lotvic. Anyway, thank you all very much for your help.

lotvic 13:48 19 Mar 14

I would think use steps 2,3 & 4 if you still have problems.

redeyenewby 21:35 19 Mar 14

Thank you Lotvic. I'll bear it in mind. I have copied the website onto my external HD. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…