missing video files

six-h 16:13 20 Mar 07

A friend is using a panasonic dv camera, and the associated software. Having accepted the default settings, she cannot find where the files are. the declared file paths are: - C:\ progra~\dvstud~1\ and C:\dvalbumsit seem to me that there is something wrong with these paths. can anyone advise?

VoG II 16:16 20 Mar 07

They are truncated. The first one would be something like:

C:\program files\dvstudio..\

six-h 16:24 20 Mar 07

Thanks for that VoG™ What could be causing that, and is it likely that we could eventually find the files?

MAJ 16:42 20 Mar 07

It should be fairly easy to find the files if they have been saved to the hard drive. Do a search from, Start > Search > For Files or folders > Pictures, Music or Video > tick the "Video" box > click the Search button.

MAJ 16:48 20 Mar 07

Chances are also good that they have been saved as .AVI files, so you could also do a Search using Start > Search > For Files or folders > All Files and Folders, and in the "All or part of the file name: box, enter

*.avi

and click search. That will find all .AVI files on your hard drive.

If the camera outputs in some other file type, substitute that file type instead of .avi

eedcam 22:47 20 Mar 07

How did you capture the files Ie by firewire if so what programme did you capture to?

six-h 15:14 23 Mar 07

thanks for the assistance, I'm unable to answer the questions as I'm at the library but have forwarded the info. to my friend, hopefully it will help and convince her that this forum is the mutt's nuts!
Thanks again to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos