missing usb

tomo999 11:58 22 Mar 05

I recently bought a new printer. This new printer connects using a usb port instead of a paralell like the old one.
This is the problem.... in control panel,device manager there are no universal serial bus controllers listed and my printer cant find what it's plugged into. Can anyone help please

Totally-braindead 12:22 22 Mar 05

What Operating System? Does your motherboard actually have USB sockets on it, this may sound strange but tried to help someone a considerable time ago only to find after a great deal of time wasted that his motherboard didn't have any USB ports on it.

Yoda Knight 13:34 22 Mar 05

Haha, know the feeling all to well ! :)

Yoda Knight 13:37 22 Mar 05

Came across the same problem recently... check that your USB ports (if you have any ! haha) are enabled in your bios

tomo999 01:00 23 Mar 05

I'm using windows xp and yes there are 2 usb ports. They used to work because i had broadband

Totally-braindead 01:47 23 Mar 05

Right. Go to control panel, system ,hardware, device manager and look for USB controllers. If they aren't there then go into BIOS and check that USB is enabled as Yoda Knight has suggested. If you don't know how to do this post back and someone will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…