Missing tunes in Itunes

surfer47 22:52 17 Jul 09

I had a lot of music in itunes and in trying to tidy up the filing system they seem to have vanished. When I look in Documents/Music they are there. When I look in Windows Media Player they are there. Is there any way I can get them from WMP to itunes? Is there a special file for itunes?
Regards

Ex plorer 00:08 18 Jul 09

This will take you to google search who have had similar problem.
click here

john bunyan 09:40 18 Jul 09

Go to i Tunes , Music.Then click on file, then import file to the library, and then highlight the files to import in win explorer and import them - you can import folders if you like.

surfer47 22:24 22 Jul 09

I should have made it clear that although the music files exist in some some folders they do not appear in itunes. Is there any way I can transfer the music into a folder for itunes to use. They are available and play in Windows Media Player.
I have spent a lot of time in loading music into itunes so it is aggravating to say the least not to be able t access it

surfer47 22:26 22 Jul 09

I have only just seen john bunyons reply, i will try that .

john bunyan 11:02 23 Jul 09

To be more specific, I would create a folder in My Music , called, say, "Import to I Tunes". Then Drag and drop all the files you want in i Tunes into the folder. Then open i Tunes, then click on music, then file then "Add folder to the Library" then click on the folder you created earlier. It may be you have mislaid your original library - but I hope the above works. Once all is well the tunes should appear in iTunes music file and can be deleted from the folder you created. I would back up the whole of "My Music" to an external HD on a regular basis if I were you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…