missing tools

R.C.M. 11:17 16 Jun 06

My toolbar has changed since I changed it from Wanadoo to Orange. I've "lost" my spell checker and my form auto complete tools. Can anyone guide me how to retrieve these tools, please.

Many thanks

Minkey1 12:00 16 Jun 06

Has the change given you a new "Home" page ?

If so, and you're referring to, say, the Google toolbar's spellcheck and Autofill features, then just go to Google, then Tools/Internet Options, and re-select Google as your Home page.

If the toolbar doesn't re-appear, right click somewhere at the top by the browser buttons and ensure Google is ticked. If it doesn't appear as an option, you might have to download it again.

If you're not wanting Google's toolbar or use a browser other than IE6, post back.

R.C.M. 12:18 16 Jun 06

My home page was Wanadoo - either last week or the week before Wanadoo changed to Orange.

My toolbar has all changed and my home page is now Orange, but I've also got Google.

I don't like the orange homepage possibly because at my age we are reluctant to change and leave our comfort zone. But I would like to get the spell checker and form filler back. I've just downloaded a program called ieSpell I will see how I get on with that.

Woolwell 12:57 16 Jun 06

I can only think that you had the Google toolbar which gave a spell check and autofill. This should not have gone by the change from Wanadoo to Orange. All that seems to have happened is that the Wanadoo serach has become Orange search and their home page is different.
In IE look under View Toolbars and tick Google this should bring the Google toolbar back in view.

It's relatively easy to change your home page. For example I use my local BBC site which gives me the local news and a quick links to the weather. Find a page you like then go to tools Internet Options and on the General Tab you can click on use current which sets the home page to the page you are viewing. You can change this at any time.

spuds 13:22 16 Jun 06

Put your mouse pointer at the top of the screen, then right click the mouse button, and see what that brings up. Tick or untick which is required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…