Missing threads?

Nosmas 11:21 19 Mar 04

What has happened since the changeover? There are only two pages of threads instead of the usual ten pages. At the end of page two, the earliest response is just before midnight on 18/03/04. Have any threads been dropped?

If I look at "My posts" I can see one I made re an AVG update at about 00:15 this morning but it doesn't show up when I do a search for AVG OR AVG in Titles and postings.

Perhaps the FE can explain please.

Nosmas 11:25 19 Mar 04

Sorry. First paragraph should have read "....before midnight on 17/03/04"

Nosmas 13:03 19 Mar 04

Seems to be another problem too - emails not being sent to originators of threads when replies are posted. Although I have checked my mailbox a number of times, I have not yet received an email re my "response" timed at 11:25 which was over an hour and a half ago.

Also on page two there are many threads posted on 19/03 and 18/03 to which no replies seem to have been posted.

Nosmas 18:01 19 Mar 04

Still only two pages of threads. Hope the earlier posts are not dropping off the list and disappearing into cyberspace!! Also I haven't received any emails re my above two supplementary posts. Are any other originators getting emails when replies made to their threads?

Hope this is only a temporary measure following the recent move as advised by the FE.

VoG II 18:03 19 Mar 04

You don't receive an e-mail when you post to your own thread. Only when somebody else does.

Salinger 18:08 19 Mar 04

Do you want the standard answer? It's free! so don't complain !!!

Nosmas 18:55 19 Mar 04

Not complaining - just commenting. But still wondering why only 2 pages of threads which means topics will soon "drop off the list" given the rate at which new threads are started.

Meshuga 19:02 19 Mar 04

Hi Nosmas. I`ve just posted the same question before coming on yours. Can`t get a positive answer yet as to why its happened. Regards, Meshuga.

niknax 23:15 19 Mar 04

all good things come to those who wait!!

Niknax

Djohn 23:30 19 Mar 04

Probably because they have not yet had time to load the full data-base. Once this is done and any teething problems sorted I'm sure they will be back.

All the post with no replies to them was because last night you could start a thread but not reply to one :o(

There were a lot more than those you see now as some of us were talking to each other by opening a new thread because you could not reply only start a new one. These were done to test for ourselves and FE quite rightly removed them this morning. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac