//some 3rd party need geo

Missing Task Manager

ZootHornRollo 12:55 13 Feb 04

Pressing Ctrl / Alt / Delete on my XP machine used to bring up the task manager but since I reloaded Xp it only adds the square green box icon in the tray at bottom right corner. Clicking on the icon (double / left or right) does nothing. Any suggestions?

Scan for corrupt files, Start, Run, sfc /scannow (note the space).

ZootHornRollo 17:46 13 Feb 04

Tried this but got nowhere - the process kept asking for my XP Home edition disk but the disk provided by Evesham doesn't appear to be what it wants

When it asks for the disk, is there a browse option to point to your C drive?

hugh-265156 18:13 13 Feb 04

similar problem with sfc /scannow some time back.never did find the answer unfortunatly.click here

Indigo 1 18:15 13 Feb 04

Have you tried right clicking on any blank space on the lower toolbar ?

ZootHornRollo 22:08 13 Feb 04

tried the right click but that just brings up the icon and no task manager

hugh-265156 22:22 13 Feb 04

try start/run type "taskmgr" click ok

or right click the start button/explore and navigate to c:\windows\system32 and look for "taskmgr.exe" here.is it listed and does it run when clicked?

hugh-265156 00:25 14 Feb 04

any joy with this yet ZootHornRollo?

ZootHornRollo 21:06 16 Feb 04

Been away Huggy - just got back, tried it and hey presto there it was - bloody brilliant .....thanks

hugh-265156 01:10 17 Feb 04

so are you still missing the right click taskbar link?

still cannot find any info on this or how to restore apart from sfc but if it helps.right click the exe and select "send to desktop/create shortcut" in the meantime.

the sfc problem is a pain.dont know why this happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…