Missing System Information

ruskle 08:12 19 Aug 05

When I open System Information I get a message

Can't Collect Information
Cannot access the Windows Management Instumentation Software. Windows Management files may be moved or mising.

What can I do to return to normal.

Russell

Jackcoms 08:33 19 Aug 05

System Restore?

ruskle 08:44 19 Aug 05

Sorry Jackcoms, The problem has been present for a while now but I have only just wanted to use System Info, I have restored it a few times since it went down without success.

Thanks Russell.

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 19 Aug 05

Are you on XP with a windows CD?

If so, put the CD in the drive. Cancel if it runs. Then go to

start

run

sfc /scannow

Keep a space after sfc and before /scannow

ruskle 10:56 19 Aug 05

I ran sfc /scannow and waited 15 mins while it did it's job but still have same result. What next please?

Russell

ruskle 10:58 19 Aug 05

Further to my last message, my disk is the Toshiba Product Recovery disc XP home edition SP2
but it still ran sfc /scannow

Russell

bertiecharlie 13:41 19 Aug 05

It's possible that one or more of your services has been disabled. Go to Start, Run, and type in services.msc. Check to see if the following services are running, Event Log, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), and Windows Managment Instrumentation. (Event Log and Windows Managment Instrumentation can be set to Automatic and RPC to Manual. Right click the items to start them and choose Properties to alter any settings.)

pj123 13:53 19 Aug 05

Try Belarc, free download from:

click here

ruskle 17:02 19 Aug 05

Thanks to all who replied.

I have downloaded belarc this afternoon and it seems to be OK.

Thanks again

Russell

ruskle 09:41 22 Aug 05

Finally did a System recovery using the Toshiba recovery disc on my laptop (as it was Fri pm all was backed up for the weekend) and all was put right, there were one or two other things not working correctly, including the network part of Control panel and the status icon for wi fi at bottom of the screen, anyway we are all sorted now, Thanks to all who contributed.

Russell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…