missing system file

exhumed 18:32 12 Apr 05

Today I decided to change my pc case and on completion booted up or rather didn't I got this error \windows\system32\config\system missing,and then spent the rest of the day trying to sove it with no success,so I have stuck another hdd in and are currenly reinstalling.My question is this can I set the old hdd to slave and copy my stuff across to the new one simlpy

VoG II 18:37 12 Apr 05

click here is how you could have solved it.

You may need to take ownership of the files and folders on the slave drive click here

exhumed 19:26 12 Apr 05

oh I looked at that,a trifle complicated at the moment,but thanks for your time.the secound solution i will come back to.thanks again.

VoG II 16:54 13 Apr 05

Via e-mail

this is a follow up to my previous post,I have installed the corrupted hdd on to a spare pc as slave and have access to the contents.Now I would like to copy my files,emails, software I have purchased,favorites etc.What exactly do I copy.Faves,emails,passwords are not a problem,its the software and its serial numbers etc I am not sure about. thanks

Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gigabyte tritan k8,1Gg pc3200,athlon 64 3200 2.01,radeon 9800 pro.due to current problems only 30 Gg hdd.xp/sp2

================================

It is best to reply to the thread. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

You will need to reinstall the software. It will make entries in the registry. You can't simply copy it from one drive to the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…