missing slave drive

silliw 22:24 31 May 03

i have just replaced my motherboard all going well except that my slave drive which shares an ide cable with the master is not displayed in explorer. Both Bios and windows device manager recognise both the masetr and slave drives, slave drive and has worked fine before with this master. Any ideas??

system Athlon 1400 512DDR Asus A7v8x mobo Two WD drives one 80mb one 20mb windows xp pro

powerless 22:31 31 May 03

Go to start > Run > Type:

You should both hard drives as "Disk0" and "Disk1".

Is the slave drive formatted? If it is not you will have to format it to be recognised as a drive in Explorer...

jazzypop 22:45 31 May 03

Following on from the above, right-click Drive 1 (your slave drive) to see the available options.

silliw 22:48 31 May 03

thanks Powerless

The drive is visible in disk mnagement and is online although I still cannot see it in explorer

silliw 22:55 31 May 03

under disk management the slave drive is disk 1,basic,online,MBR,20G,unallocated 0, reserved 0.

if i right click the drive area the only options available is delete partition and all other options are greyed out.

silliw 13:29 02 Jun 03

For some reason windows xp has just decided to run fdisk on boot and has detected the slave drive after about 20 restarts. Dont know why and am a little worried about putting data on the disk if windows loses it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…