missing shortcuts

vlg 08:52 05 Aug 04

Im new to the web and computers themselves have changed so much since i did my first course 15yrs ago. I recently had several viruses (56 in 1 day) after a friend downloaded Kazaa for me (which is now removed) but since then alot of changes have been made not by me. Epson enviroment 3 or sumuts is one it always appears when you swith the computer on, which is really annoying and i cannot find it anywhere. My dad gave me the computer and when i look on the tempory internet files it comes up with all his but he hasnt used this for nearly 2 years.
Could someone please tell me what is going on or tell me how to avoid this. Would it be wise to have the computer formatted and updated to XP, im currently on windows ME
thank you
vikki

Smegs 10:33 05 Aug 04

I think it would be better to format it. That way it will be clean. As for XP, thats up to you. If your happy with ME, then re-install ME.

Just make sure if you do format, that you have all the drivers. Back up all the work you have done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009